This project was developed at the 6th Annual Stinner Summit. The project title, support and objectives are:
Non-GMO Feed to Farmer ($3,150)
• Testing and evaluating models of alternative livestock diets and increasing public awareness of GMO contamination.
• Problem: How to provide consumers milk and meat from livestock who do not consume GMO feed given that livestock producers depend on corn, which is extremely vulnerable to GMO contamination.
• Idea: Explore alternative livestock diets using crops not threatened by GMO contamination: barley, sorghum, triticale.
• Ask: Funds to purchase alternative grain seed for cooperating farmers.
• Deliverables: Evaluation of producer profit, animal welfare, and contract efficacy. Educational outreach to inform, distribute model and provide technical assistance for adopters.
|Oilseed Pressing Workshop||hrwhitehead3||2013-07-31 13:21|
|Harder to find non-GMO corn||Casey Hoy||2013-07-11 07:02|
|Invitation to a Non-GMO Feed workspace||Brian Gwin||2012-11-19 14:09|
|Non-GMO Feed, replying to Warren's email||Casey Hoy||2012-11-19 13:40|
|Non-GMO Feed to Farmer project - checking in||Casey Hoy||2012-11-14 12:51|
- 1 of 2
- next ›
Public - accessible to all site users