The following project was selected at this year's Stinner Summit. This group will be used to help networking, collaboration and communication on the project. Hope you'll be able to assist with this great project in some way.
No Empty Trucks (Supported with $300 in Stinner Endowment funds plus multiple commitments of additional capitals)
• Coordinate regional food delivery trucks to increase systematic
and community economic efficiency.
• How can we better capitalize on the opportunities of having
five local food hubs (Cleveland, Youngstown, Wooster, Columbus,
and Athens) as a region?
• Idea: Logistics and distribution of product between food
hubs allows for diversified products and increased sales. If
distribution logistics for the five food hubs in the region were
better coordinated, producers, distributors, retailers, and customers
would all benefit.
• Ask: Assess the distribution of local food in the Eastern
Ohio region. Group participants were tasked to survey their
local distribution channels.
• Budget: $300 will provide a meal for leaders of the five food
hubs to get together after evaluating their local distribution
channels to discuss ideas on creating a more coordinated