Mark your calendar for OEFFA's 35th annual conference, Affirming Our Roots, Breaking New Ground, on Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16, 2014 in Granville, Ohio. A full-day pre-conference event will be offered on Friday, February 14. Registration will open in December.
Ohio's largest sustainable agriculture event will feature:
- Keynote speakers Kathleen Merrigan and Atina Diffley;
- Approximately 100 workshops on sustainable farming, gardening, homesteading, cooking, and livestock;
- A trade show featuring dozens of businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies offering an array of food, information, products, and services;
- Delicious meals prepared from locally sourced and organic ingredients;
- A kids' conference, teen conference, and childcare;
- Saturday night entertainment,
- And much, much more!
2014 Keynote Speakers
Atina Diffley is an organic farmer, consultant, activist, and author. Her husband, Martin, founded the successful organic farm, Gardens of Eagen in Minnesota and together they operate Organic Farming Works, which provides coaching and consulting to organic farmers. Diffley’s autobiographical memoir, Turn Here Sweet Corn: Organic Farming Works, explores the Diffleys’ unbreakable commitment to their land, the impacts of suburban sprawl and pipeline development in their community, and the struggles and triumphs that farmers face every day.
Kathleen Merrigan served as U.S. Deputy Secretary of Agriculture from 2009 to 2013. She played an instrumental role in creating the first federal organic standards and helped to implement the new rules as head of the USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service. While at the USDA, she developed the Know Your Farmer, Know Your Food initiative, championed a national farm-to-school program and funding for hoop houses, and served as a strong advocate for organic farmers and local food systems.
To read more about the 2014 conference, click here.
Conference Sponsors and Exhibitors: For more information about how your organization, business, or agency can become a conference sponsor or participate in our trade show, click here. For more information about becoming a sponsor, contact Renee Hunt at (614) 421-2022 Ext. 205 or email@example.com. For more information about becoming an exhibitor, contact Eric Pawlowski at (614) 421-2022 Ext. 209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Place to Stay: If you plan to join us in Granville in February, we recommend you make your hotel arrangements as early as possible. Another event will also be taking place in town that weekend, and hotels may fill up quickly. For a map of area hotels, click here. For a printable list of area hotels, click here.
- Conference Raffle: Consider introducing your products and services to our members by donating to the OEFFA conference raffle. Proceeds support OEFFA's educational work. For more information or to donate to the raffle, contact Kristen Pool at (330) 527-3647 or email@example.com.
Consumer-driven production practices, consumer education opportunities, educational needs for the producer
Group content visibility:
Use group defaults